The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen.
From its inception the Bonner County Human Rights Task Force has refused to sit quietly and “let it happen.” The members of the Task Force strive to speak out whenever the rights, the safety, or the dignity of any individual in our community are threatened by intolerance or bigotry. The Task Force is determined to help build a community in which every individual can live without fear or intimidation, a community in which every citizen’s strength and contribution is valued, respected, and encouraged. Please join us.
BCHRTF's responsibility is to affirm the American principles and ideals of the inviolable dignity and worth of each human being. The mission of the BCHRTF is to promote and secure mutual understanding and respect among all people. BCHRTF recognizes that it is the racial, social, and cultural diversity of our people that makes Bonner County a rich and worthwhile place to live.
In furtherance of this undertaking, BCHRTF establishes the following goals:
- To provide a support system for people victimized by malicious harassment or intimidation. To be a resource for people experiencing discrimination based upon but not limited to: race, color, sex, ancestry, gender, religion, affectional/sexual orientation, age, disability, familial/marital status, socio-economic status or political affiliation
- To provide and promote community education on bias and prejudice in furtherance of positive human relations and cultural diversity, recognizing that everyone should be equal under the law
- To monitor and document incidents of intimidation, discrimination, and harassment. To work with other organizations, groups and individuals, encouraging them to be advocates for improving human relations
- To facilitate the response of law enforcement agencies and government against intimidation, discrimination or harassment
- To encourage the reporting of acts of intimidation, discrimination or harassment to an appropriate organization or agency
- To seek assistance, advice, and support from other human rights organizations where necessary or appropriate